Requests for Waiver or Suspension of Parking Restrictions
Please apply in person at the Council offices receptions in Andover or Romsey where it is necessary to park in a restricted area whilst building works or similar are being undertaken. Unless parked in an area where loading is prohibited, it is not generally necessary to obtain a Waiver for loading - provided that the loading is continuous and obvious. However, if in any doubt please refer to the Parking Office for advice. Tel: 01264 368000.
An administration fee is charge for issuing a waiver - £16 for up to one week.
We generally require 24 hours notice to consider a waiver request to allow for any site inspections required but if the location is known to be suitable by office staff, waivers can sometimes be issued without notice. Please be advised that a waiver application may take around 10-15 minutes to process.
If the location is not acceptable an alternative location may be suggested. This will be judged on Traffic Management Impact criteria.
Requests for suspension of permitted parking on the highway
Parking bays can be suspended under certain circumstances such as access for wide loads or overhead works e.g. tree felling.
When applying for a bay suspension at least 2 weeks notice is generally required to allow for any site inspections required and for the advertising of the suspension.
A fee of £60.00 is charged for processing a suspension.
To apply for a Parking Suspension please email email@example.com or for general enquiries about suspensions please telephone the Parking Office on 01264 368000.
When applying for a suspension your application should state the following:
- The reason the suspension is required
- Provide a map showing the exact location of the bay (or part bay) which you wish to be suspended
- Confirm the dates / days / times between which you would require the bay(s) to be suspended. You should aim to keep these times to a minimum to reduce impact on parking for local residents or businesses.
If a request for suspension is subsequently agreed:
- Any vehicle parked in a suspended bay would be liable to incur a Penalty Charge Notice
- If a vehicle does park in a suspended bay, we do not have the ability to remove this vehicle – we can only issue a Penalty Charge Notice to the vehicle
- It would be the responsibility of the applicant to ensure that all households who may be affected by the parking suspension are notified in advance in writing of the bay suspensions. We would require a copy of this letter and confirmation that residents have been consulted & notified.
- A £60 charge would be payable (cheque payable to Test Valley Borough Council, or pay by debit card tel: 01264 368000) for the bay suspensions
- Any agreement to a suspension would be subject to review and withdrawal should there be complaints received
- Responsibility for coning off the bays during suspended hours would lie with the applicant
- The Council would erect notices on site advising that the bays are suspended.
This authority is under a duty to protect the public funds it administers and to this end may use the information you have provided for the prevention and detection of fraud. We may also share this information with other bodies responsible for auditing or administering public funds for these purposes. Without identifying you, we may also use this information to help us plan and improve our services. For further information please visit our data sharing webpage.