Temporary Road Closures

Commencing 1st August 2019, the Borough Council will no longer be responsible for administering temporary road closures for works. These functions will transfer back to Hampshire County Council. Responsibilities for temporary road closures for public events will remain with Test Valley Borough Council.

Test Valley Borough Council acts as an agent for Hampshire County Council (HCC) to promote road closures under the Road Traffic Regulation Act. Road closures are advertised and required to allow roadworks to take place. An application must be submitted six weeks before the intended closure.

For more information please contact the Engineering and Transport Team, Beech Hurst, on 01264 368000 or email engineering@testvalley.gov.uk.