UK Parliamentary General Election
Following the vote in the House of Commons a UK Parliamentary General Election will be held on Thursday 12 December 2019.
The Statements of Persons Nominated combined with the Notices of Poll have been published and are now available to download from the right hand side of this page.
The Borough of Test Valley is covered by two constituencies:
- North West Hampshire, which takes in part of Basingstoke and Deane's area.
- Romsey and Southampton North, which takes in the Basset and Swaythling Wards of Southampton City Council.
Both constituencies will be administered by the Acting Returning Officer at Test Valley Borough Council.
For more information on Parliamentary Constituencies, please visit www.parliament.gov.uk
In order to vote in these elections, you need to be registered on the Register of Electors and you must be:
- Resident in the Test Valley Borough area on the date of the election;
- A British, Irish or Commonwealth citizen, or a British citizen living overseas for a period of 15 years or less;
- 18 years old or over.
If you are an eligible elector and you are already on the Register of Electors for Test Valley, you do not need to re-register for these elections.
Information on how to register can be found here. The deadline for applying to register for voting in the Parliamentary General Election is Tuesday 26 November 2019.
If you are unable to get to your polling station on 12 December 2019, there are different options available to you in order for you to cast your vote:
- By post - The deadline for applying to vote by post for this election has now passed.
- By proxy - The deadline for applying to vote by proxy is 5pm on Wednesday 4 December 2019. Please note that, when appointing someone to vote on your behalf, that person must be a registered elector who is eligible to vote at this election, and who is able to get to your polling station on 12 December. If they are not able to get to your polling station to cast your vote, they can apply to cast your proxy vote by post, but their application must reach us by the postal vote deadline of 5pm on Tuesday 26 November 2019.
A copy of the application form for this can be downloaded from here. Please note that you will need to print this form and complete it as a signature is required in order to complete the form.
Completed postal or proxy application forms can either be posted back to the address shown on the form, or can be scanned in and emailed to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Find your polling station
Your polling station is printed on your polling card. You can also use this polling station finder to get your polling station location and directions.