Temporary Housing

Flood repairs can take weeks or months to complete, especially if there has been wide spread flooding and builders are scarce. It takes time to dry out a property and some buildings have to be gutted before repair.

Most people will be able to make their own arrangements and insurance may cover temporary accommodation. Ask your insurance company or landlord if they will provide you with temporary accommodation.

In the event of urgent need where alternative arrangements could not be made , the council will do whatever it can to re-house people temporarily. Please contact the Housing and Environmental Health Service on 01264 368000 or 01794 527700.