Food Premises Approval

Why do I need a licence?

If you operate a certain type of food premises you may need to be approved the Council. Examples include meat processing plants, dairy establishments, shellfish and fishery products establishments, egg and egg product establishments, and some cold stores.

How do I apply?

Phone us on 01264 368000 to request an application form or download the Application for Approval of a Food Business Establishment form at the foot of this page.

Are there any trade associations?

For further information, please contact:

The Commercial Team
Telephone: 01264 368000