Facilities at Picket Twenty
As part of the S106 legal agreement, the developers provided 3 hectares of land for a local centre site for community facilities which will include:
- A Community Centre
- Primary School
- Day Nursery
- Retail shop
- Recycling facilities (glass and textile bins located at the car park)
Land will be marketed by the developers and tenders are submitted by any interested parties from 250 occupations for the following additional uses:
- Public House
- Employment (e.g. Offices).
Other facilities have been provided away from the local centre, including:
- A MUGA (multi use games area) situated in the urban park.
- The urban park area comprises of seven football pitches (five replacement pitches relocated from Walworth Sports Ground & two additional football pitches), a cricket pitch, sports pavilion - changing rooms, tennis court and public open space.
- Informal recreation areas and equipped play areas are also provided throughout the development.
- A bus and cycle underpass on the A3093.
- Public transport links through Stagecoach
- A footbridge over the A3093.