Community Planning Grant Scheme
The Council recognises that access to sufficient resources, such as funding, is an important part of supporting communities to produce community plans. This grant can help towards the costs incurred throughout the process, including the production of the final plan. The grant values available are tiered according to the population size and type of community plan, taking into account the additional complexity involved in producing a Neighbourhood Plan.
The Community Planning Grant Scheme is only open to Parish and Town Councils.
However, if you are another type of organisation and are interested in producing a community plan, you should discuss this with your Parish or Town Council and enquire if they are able to apply on your behalf.
Who can apply?
- Parish Councils
- Town Councils
- Parish Meetings
What types of Community Plans are eligible?
- Village Design Statement
- Parish Plan
- Town Plan
- Neighbourhood Plan
Applications must be submitted online and before the community plan has been completed and published. This grant cannot be retrospectively applied for.
What can the grant pay for?
Costs associated with the production of an eligible community plan, such as printing costs of questionnaire and publicity material, resources for any community engagement event and the publication of the final plan amongst other costs incurred.
How much can be applied for?
|Parish Population||Village Design Statement, Parish Plan or Town Plan||Neighbourhood Plan|
|Up to 1,000||Max. grant £500||Max. grant £1,000|
|Between 1,000 - 5,000||Max. grant £750||Max. grant £1,500|
|Over 5,000||Max. grant £1,000||Max. grant £2,000|
- If a community plan covers more than one parish, then a grant for each of the parish involved, can be applied for.
- If a Parish undertakes more than one type of community plan such as a Parish Plan and Village Design Statement, then a grant for each plan, can be applied for.
How do I apply?
- Please speak to the Community Engagement Officer for your area before applying. For details of the Community Engagement Officers visit: www.testvalley.gov.uk/ceofficers
- Read the Eligibility Criteria via the link on the right of this page
- Click the link below to access the online grant system and begin your application. If this is the first online grant application you have made to Test Valley Borough Council, then you will need to ‘Register’ first to create an account before beginning your application. You can save your application and complete it in stages if necessary.
If you have any difficulty accessing the online application form, or while completing and submitting your application, please contact the Community Team using the contact details below and someone will assist you.
Contact us Telephone: 01264 368000 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org