How do I report a nuisance problem?

We suggest you first approach whoever is responsible for causing the problem. Your neighbour may not realise that he/she is causing a problem to anyone. The majority of complaints are resolved informally, and you may well get a quicker result by dealing with your neighbour directly. More importantly, a diplomatic approach to a neighbour can avoid the souring of relations that often occurs if the complaint is dealt with in a more formal manner. In cases where you might feel threatened, or where previous personal approaches have not worked, then please contact us for advice.

If for any reason you prefer for the Council to deal with your complaint on your behalf, then you can do so in any of the following ways:

By completing this e-form.

By telephone – Please call 01264 368000 during office hours, normally 8.30am – 5pm Monday to Thursday and 8.30am – 4.30pm on Fridays.

By letter or email addressed to:-

The Environmental Protection Team
Housing & Environmental Health Service
Test Valley Borough Council
Weyhill Road
Hants  SP10 3AJ


Further Information and Advice

Additional information in respect of certain specific nuisance problems are also available on this website.  Please see relevant information to the side of this page.

For further information and advice contact the Environmental Protection Team.