Property Name Changes - FAQ's

  • How do I go about changing the name of my property?

    You can request to add, change or remove a name of your property. Any name will be in addition to the existing number of the property. If the property already has a number, Royal Mail will only use a name as an "alias” for an address.
    A request can be made by completing the online form here. Please note, you must be the owner of the property to request this change.

  • How much does it cost to change the name of my house?

    The Council charges an administration fee for changing the name of a property. These fees are reviewed on an annual basis. Current fees and charges can be found here.

  • Can I change my postcode?

    Postcodes for all properties are allocated by Royal Mail and cannot be changed or altered by Test Valley Borough Council. More information about postcodes can be obtained from Royal Mail.

If you have any further questions regarding street naming and numbering, please email