Travel Planning and Advice
A travel plan is a long term management strategy for a site, group of sites or organisation which contains a package of measures to:
- reduce the need to travel (especially as a single occupant in a car)
- promote more sustainable modes of transport by offering a range of travel choices
- include other measures such as tackling car parking management and site access problems.
How can travel plans help?
The associated benefits of a travel plan are that they can help:
- reduce travel costs and expenses
- improve site access and reduce car parking problems
- improve company's image
- improving staff well-being, health and fitness as well as the environment
- build better relationships with the local community, public transport operators and the local authority.
Advice on preparation of Travel Plans
Hampshire County Council have advice on the preparation of travel plans on their website at: