Bulky Waste Collection Service
If you are considering booking a bulky waste collection, there are other alternatives such as donating your item to a charity or selling your item (or giving it away) on social media. Click here for more ideas. You can also take your item to your local Household Waste Recycling Centre.
Bulky Waste Collection Service
We provide a service for the collection of unwanted bulky household items and large amounts of garden waste.
The service is chargeable - any charge made will be based on the number of items to be collected.
When booking your collection, you will be asked where you intend to leave the items. They must be on your property, but outside and accessible - for instance on your drive or front garden - no steps or stairs.
You will be given a collection date - items are usually collected within 10 working days of the payment being received.
To arrange your bulky waste collection, please contact Customer Services on 01264 368000 or 01794 527700.
Please note: The Council offers one free collection (of up to four items) per year for households who receive Council Tax Support (excluding single person discount). If you are in receipt of Council Tax Support and believe you are entitled to a free collection, or if your item is not listed in the online request form, please call Customer Services on 01264 368000 or 01794 527700.
|Multiple items (maximum of four items)||£61.00|
|Garden waste (large amounts)||
£40.00 minimum charge - quote by arrangement
- we will only collect named items
- items can be changed up until 1 working day before the collection is due
- light garden waste must be tied into bundles or bagged
- if your item is over 2m in size, please contact Customer Services
- we do not collect large branches or tree trunks etc.
- we do not collect building waste e.g. concrete, asbestos etc.
- waste must be presented outside and be accessible - at ground level - no steps or stairs
- mattresses and upholstered furniture must be protected from any wet weather
- any damage to upholstered seating (sofas, chairs etc.) must be sealed with tape or plastic
- waste must not be left on the highway as this is classed as fly tipping.
This is a domestic service and we reserve the right to inspect/reject any waste that is believed to be from non-domestic sources.
Please check our non-acceptable items web page before you make your booking.
Waste Upholstered Domestic Seating (WUDS)
This includes: sofas, sofa beds, armchairs, kitchen and dining room chairs, stools or foot stools, home office chairs, futons, bean bags, floor or sofa cushions.
To comply with regulations for the disposal of upholstered seating, we now collect these items separately. These items are collected every Wednesday. All other items are collected on a Monday or Tuesday, depending where you live.
- if you are booking for multiple items including upholstered seating, we will collect your items on separate days.
- any damage to upholstered seating must be suitably and securely sealed with tape or plastic, before collection. Click here for more information on preparing your WUDS for collection.
- the items must be protected from any wet weather.
For more information on the disposal of upholstered seating, please click here.
We reserve the right to reject any waste that doesn't meet our requirements.
Fly tipping (unlawful dumping) of waste is illegal and can be subject to a £50,000 fine.