Bulky Waste Collection Service
We provide a service for the collection of unwanted bulky household items and large amounts of garden waste.
The Bulky Waste Collection Service (often referred to as a 'Special Collection') is chargeable and any charge made will be based on the number of items to be collected.
When booking your collection, you will be asked where you intend to leave the items. They must be on your property, but outside and accessible - for instance on your drive or front garden - no steps or stairs.
You will be given a collection date - items are usually collected within 10 working days of the payment being received.
To arrange your bulky waste collection, please click here: Bulky Waste Collection Request Form.
Please note: The Council offers one free collection (of up to four items) per year for households who receive Council Tax Support (excluding single person discount). If you are in receipt of Council Tax Support and believe you are entitled to a free collection, or if your item is not listed in the online request form, please call Customer Services on 01264 368000 or 01794 527700.
|Multiple items (maximum of four items)||£56.50|
|Garden waste (large amounts)||
£37.00 minimum charge - quote by arrangement
- we will only collect named items
- items can be changed up until 1 working day before the collection is due
- light garden waste must be tied into bundles or bagged
- if your item is over 2m in size, please contact Customer Services before you make your booking
- we do not collect large branches or tree trunks etc.
- we do not collect building waste e.g. concrete, asbestos etc.
- waste must be presented outside and be accessible - at ground level - no steps or stairs
- soft furnishings (sofas, mattresses etc.) must be protected from any wet weather
- waste must not be left on the highway as this is classed as fly tipping.
This is a domestic service and we reserve the right to inspect/reject any waste that is believed to be from non-domestic sources.
Please check our non-acceptable items web page before you make your booking.
Fly tipping (unlawful dumping) of waste is illegal and can be subject to a £50,000 fine.