Welcome to the Environmental Service
Working in the Environmental Service
There are lots of benefits and opportunities for development whilst working for the Environmental Service. For instance:
- many of our roles involve working outdoors
- many of our roles start early and finish mid-afternoon (37 hours per week) allowing for a great work-life balance
- we provide 25 days annual leave (basic allowance), increasing to 33 days after 15 years’ service.
- we offer both job based and developmental training
- we provide high quality uniform/personal protective equipment
- you can become a member of the local government pension scheme
- you will be entitled to the use of council managed sports and leisure facilities at 50% of the normal charge
- you are entitled to a discount when taking out leisure centre membership
- we offer a salary sacrifice scheme for bicycle hire
- we offer a salary sacrifice scheme for childcare vouchers to assist with childcare costs
- you will have access to Kaarp Benefits – great offers and discounts from holidays and health to motoring and entertainment etc.
- you will be entitled to join Simplyhealth’s Simply Cash Plan - a health cash plan to help budget for the cost of visiting the dentist, optician etc.
- you will be entitled to purchase Microsoft Office, discounted as part of the Microsoft Home Use Program.