GDPR Privacy Statement
2. THE DATA WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
Personal data, or personal information, means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. It does not include data where the identity has been removed (anonymous data).
We may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of personal data about you which we have grouped together follows:
- Identity Data includes first name, maiden name, last name, username or similar identifier, marital status, title, date of birth and gender.
- Contact Data includes billing address, delivery address, email address and telephone numbers.
- Financial Data includes bank account and payment card details.
- Transaction Data includes details about payments to and from you and other details of services you have purchased or accessed from us.
- Technical Data includes internet protocol (IP) address, your login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access this website.
- Profile Data includes your username and password, purchases or orders made by you, your interests, preferences, feedback and survey responses.
- Usage Data includes information about how you use our website, products and services.
- Marketing and Communications Data includes your preferences in receiving marketing from us and your communication preferences.
We also collect, use and share Aggregated Data such as statistical or demographic data for any purpose. Aggregated Data may be derived from your personal data but is not considered personal data in law as this data does not directly or indirectly reveal your identity. For example, we may aggregate your Usage Data to calculate the percentage of users accessing a specific website feature. However, if we combine or connect Aggregated Data with your personal data so that it can directly or indirectly identify you, we treat the combined data as personal data which will be used in accordance with this privacy notice.
We may collect Special Categories of Personal Data about you. This includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health and genetic and biometric data. We may also collect information about criminal convictions and offences. In the event that this information is collected and processed, we shall only do so in accordance with the law and where appropriate, a separate data processing privacy notice shall be issued regarding this.
Please note that as a local authority, we are legally obliged to carry out certain functions or deliver services that require us to process information regarding individuals. This also includes information that has been provided to us from other sources including other local authorities, law enforcement agencies, other government departments or other third parties. Where this is the case, the rights you have may be affected regarding the information we are holding.
IF YOU FAIL TO PROVIDE PERSONAL DATA
Where we need to collect personal data from you and you fail to provide the data when requested, we may not be able to assist you with the services your require or process your application(s) as quickly. We will endeavour to explain this to you at the time where possible.