What is the Petitions Website
The Council maintains a petitions website. To create or support an e-Petition please see links on this webpage.
When a petition is received:
- Within 10 working days the Petitions Officer will open a new public file within the website and will put in that file the subject matter of the petition, its date of receipt and the number of signatories or petitioners.
- The petition organiser’s name and contact details will only be included on the website if s/he so requests.
- As soon as it is decided who the petition will be considered by within the authority, and when that consideration will occur, this information will be entered on the website at the same time as it is sent to the petition organiser.
- Once the petition has been considered, the authority’s decision will be notified to the petition organiser and put on the website within 5 working days of that consideration.
- Petitions are presented on the petitions website in the order in which they are received, but the website can be searched for key-words to identify all petitions relating to a particular topic.
All petitions are kept on the website for two years from the date of receipt.