Entertainment - Premises Licence

If you wish to licence an event or premises where regulated entertainment takes place, please see the separate pages for either Premises (for either a permanent licence or temporary licence for an event with more than 500 persons present) or Temporary Event Notice (for a one-off event where less than 500 persons are present).

With effect from 1 October 2012 the Live Music Act removed the need for most types of live music to be licensed.  The Legislative Reform (Entertainment Licensing) Order 2014 and the Deregulation Act 2015 provide further exemptions for many types of entertainment licensing.  The briefing note on this page provides more information on this.

Entertainment in the form of busking does not require a licence but we would ask you to comply with our Busking Code of Practice which can be found as an attachment on this page.