Penalty Charge Notices

If you receive a penalty charge notice - please do not ignore it

  • How to Pay

    *Online: online payment form (Please have your debit card details to hand.)

    By Telephone: by Debit Card. Please use our 24 hour automated payment service by calling 0845 6001586. Please press option 5 - Penalty Charge Notice 

    If you experience any difficulties in making your payment please telephone Customer Services on 01264 368000 during office hours: 8:30am to 5pm Monday to Thursday, 8:30am to 4:30pm Friday (exlcuding Bank Holidays and the Christmas/New Year Period)

    By Post: Make cheques payable to Test Valley Borough Council and write the penalty charge notice number on the back. Send to:

    Customer Services,
    Test Valley Borough Council,
    Beech Hurst,
    Weyhill Road,
    SP10 3AJ

    If you require a receipt please send a stamped self-addessed envelope with your payment.

  • How to Appeal

    If you believe the penalty charge should not be paid and wish to appeal against the PCN:

    Appeal Online 

    You can also view any photographic evidence of the contravention by clicking on the above Appeal link.

    Or write to: Parking Office,

    Property and Asset Management,

    Test Valley Borough Council,

    Beech Hurst,

    Andover SP10 3AJ


    Please note you cannot appeal over the telephone. However if you have a query about your penalty charge notice, please telephone the car parking team on 01264 368000.

    Please quote the PCN Number, the vehicle registration and your address in all contacts.

    The Council’s Parking Enforcement Policy and Guidance provides information about challenging penalty charges.

    If you challenge the PCN within 14 days and the challenge is rejected, the Council will generally extend the Period within which the reduced penalty charge may be paid.

  • If the charge is not paid or challenged

    If the penalty charge is not paid on or before the end of the 28-day period as specified on the front of the notice or successfully challenged, the Council may serve a Notice to Owner (NtO) on the owner of the vehicle requiring payment of the penalty charge. The owner can then make representations to the Council and may appeal to an independent adjudicator if those representations are rejected. The NtO will contain instructions for doing this. If you challenge a PCN but the Council issues an NtO anyway, the owner must follow the instructions on the NtO.

Further information about Civil Parking Enforcement (including PCNs and NtOs) is available online at and or in a leaflet available from the Council.

The council is a member of the Parking and Traffic Regulations Outside London (PATROL) Adjudication Joint Committee. The Joint Committee publishes an Annual Statement of Accounts which is subject to External Audit and the arrangements for 2010/11 can be found at