Test Valley Lettings
Our FREE services
Free tenant finder service
We will identify prospective tenants, complete affordability checks to ensure the accommodation is suitable, and arrange viewings on your behalf.
Before and after a tenancy we will undertake a full, detailed inventory with videos and photographs. Should there be a dispute over the condition of the accommodation at the end of the tenancy we can help mediate to identify issues that might exceed usual wear and tear.
Free regular inspections throughout the tenancy
While you are responsible for ensuring that your property is in a good state of repair, we can arrange regular property inspections to ensure that the home is being kept in a good condition and any maintenance issues are raised with you promptly.
Free 12 month National Residential Landlord Association (NRLA) membership
Full membership of the NLA includes:
- unlimited free downloads of tenancy agreements and a wide range of other essential forms and documents
- expert telephone advice line
- invitations and free entry to landlord meetings
- Receive a fortnightly e-newsletter
- Discounts on courses offered by the NLA.
Free access to the Rent Deposit Scheme (RDLS)
Choose between a six-week deposit bond at rental value or a five-week cash deposit at Local Housing Allowance (LHA) value. All deposits must be protected in a registered deposit protection service.
Free access to the Landlord Forum
A space where landlords and letting agents can meet, network and discuss new legislation.
Free health and safety compliance support
Ensure your property is in the best possible condition and ready to let. You will also benefit from links to Test Valley’s Private Sector Housing department and the HMO licencing service.
Free access to support officers for both landlord and tenant
Our dedicated officers will provide you and your tenant with a bespoke package of support to ensure the tenancy is a success:
- Our dedicated Landlord Officer will be your point of contact and can assist with essential forms and documentation, as well as helping you to manage your property effectively.
- Our dedicated Tenant Officer will be present at the commencement of a tenancy to help your tenant set up their utility bills and arrange benefits claims as required. Their support and advice will be available to your tenant for the duration of their tenancy and is tailored to each tenant’s individual needs, from a friendly chat every few months to regular face-to-face meetings.