Test Valley Lettings
Any landlord must declare themselves to be ‘Fit and Proper’, in that they have not:
- Committed any offence involving fraud or other dishonesty, or violence or illegal drugs, or any offence listed in Schedule 3 to the Sexual Offences Act 2003(b) (offences attracting notification requirements);
- Practised unlawful discrimination on grounds of sex, race, age, disability, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender reassignment in, or in connection with, the carrying on of any business;
- Contravened any provision of the law relating to housing (including landlord or tenant law);
- Acted otherwise than in accordance with any applicable code of practice for the management of a house in multiple occupation, approved under section 233 of the Housing Act 2004(c); or
- Is operating a house in multiple occupation subject to licensing under section 55 or 56 of the Housing Act 2004 and which is not licensed.